Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Plastic sheets for single beds??Or any advice to stop my toddlers mattresses getting ruined.?

I am having a lot of trouble finding plastic sheets for my kid鈥檚 beds. I have been to a few shops here (Tasmania, Australia), and people look at me like I am crazy.


I know they exist, because I have a couple which were bought maybe 10 years ago. Just wondering if any of you parents know where I could possibly find them in Australia, maybe over the Internet?


Mine are falling to bits, and my kids have only recently been toilet trained and I don't want them wrecking their mattresses. Any suggestions would be good.Plastic sheets for single beds??Or any advice to stop my toddlers mattresses getting ruined.?
Don't laugh shower vinal shower curtian placed over the middle of the bed tucked in than a cotton mattress protector then make your bed as usual this works for me. Pull ups are expensive and a lazy solution plus end up in landfills.


Hope this worksPlastic sheets for single beds??Or any advice to stop my toddlers mattresses getting ruined.?
have you considered over night diapers or pull ups?? i mean its an alternative to putting plastic all over their bed which caused a smothering danger. I would suggest getting Pull Ups I know they are available in the states.... unsure about Australia..... hell push come to shove message me from here and i can send you some..... im doing the same thing now. lol
are u serious?,,, have u tried kmart?,, thats where i get mine for my kids beds, they only cost around $6.99, theyr the pvc fitted covers,


they had em at mine still last week, im sure your k mart have them, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


theyr in the quilt cover section, theyr fantastic!, but yes, after around 5 years they start to go weak and tear
Mine were given to me so i'm not sure were you would find them. I would have thought that you could pick them up in the nursery section at K mart Big W or Target. Perhaps try ebay but until then you could just use those plastic table cloths over the mattresses, thats what we do when we stay with grand parents.
Look on Ebay under ';mattress cover'; there are lots of different types....some are not plastic but a thick padded toweling which is less hot for children especially in Oz...they work too because they soak it all up before it gets to the mattress.
The shower curtain sounds like a great suggestion if you can't find the fitted covers. I actually took those cloth covers that you use for crib mattresses and put two of them across my toddlers twin bed. They're water resistent and seem more comfortable than crinkly plastic might be, they work well and I still had mine hanging around. Other than that you should be able to find them online the problem there is if the shipping will cost a fortune. Good luck
Look for waterproof mattress pads.. I have a sealy posturpedic one for my own bed.. .(my children sometimes sleep in my bed) and it's super plush/comfy.. I got it on clearance for about $20 at Bj's wholesale club... You can also find them at ONE STEP AHEAD.com. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment